The famous Punjabi singer with golden hairs-Hans Raj Hans was born on 30 th of November 1953 near Gakhal Village in Jalandhar, Punjab. He is the second son of Sardar Sham SIngh and Mata Ajit Kaur. Although there was no musical history in the family to Hans Raj Hans but still he was born with the talent of singing.
Hans Raj Hans started singing at his young age. He attended a college in Jalandhar and began to perform at Youth festivals.
Hans Raj Hans learnt music from director Charanjit Ahuja in his Young ages. And leant sufi singing from Ustad Puran Shahkoti Sahib. Thus, he started singing Punjabi folk, devotional and sufi. He is a very down to earth Sufi-singer.
Hans Raj Hans got his very first recognition by winning prize at musical competition in the College.
Hans Raj Hans worked with renowned artist Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan in the movie titled ‘Kache Dhage’.
Hans Raj Hans was awarded an honorary music professor at Washington,DC University and San Jose University
Hans Raj Hans was awarded Punjab State Singer Award by former chief minister of Punjab Capt. Amrinder Singh.
Hans Raj Hans unsuccessfully competed for Lok Sabha seat in Jalandhar Constituency in Indian Punjab on a Shiromani Akali Dal Ticket on 16 th of may 2009.
He has performed in many countries all over the world like USA, Canada, Europe, Middle East and other. His performance was highly appreciated by Ex Prime Minister IK Gujral who honored his excellence of singing.
Hans Raj Hans won Best Male Singer Award for ‘Dil Chori Sada Ho Gaya’.
Recently. he received fourth highest Civilian Award of India Padma Shree Award for arts.
- Ek Dang Hor Mar Ja in 1987
- Ik Kurri Mainu Rajheon Fakir Kar Gai in 1987
- Balle Ni Rahe Rahe in 1989
- Waris Punjab De in 1990
- Ashiqan Di Kahdi Zindagi in 1990
- Tera Mera Pyar in 1990
- Thaa Karke in 1991
- Aar Tutdi Na Paar Tutdi in 1992
- Jhanjariya in 1992
- Ishqe Di Barsaat in 1993
- Mohabbat in 1994
- Lal Garara in 1997
- Chorni in 2000
- Jhanjar in 2001
- Sab Ton Sohni in 2011
- Ghama Di Raat in 2002
- Sohniye in 2002
- Tera Ishq in 2003
- Wanjara in 2007
- Yaara O Yaara in 2008
- 23rd Chapter Of Hans Raj Hans in 2011
- Ek Ishaara in 2011
- Patta Patta Singhan Da Vairi in 1991
- Mera Bajaan Wala Maahi in 1997
- Amritdhara in 2000
- Wadda Mera Govind in 2003
- Nikey Nikey Do Khalse in 2004
- Sikhi Diyan Shaana in 2006
- Bole So Nihaal in 2006
- 300 Saala Hazoor Sahib in 2008
- Koi Aan Milave in 2009
- Amrit Varga Paani in 2011
- Khali Dil Nahin Jaan Bhi Hai (Khaali Dil Nahin Jaan Bhi Hai) in 1999
- Dil Tote Tote (Bichhoo) in 2000
- Aaja Nachle (Monsoon Wedding) in 2001
- Akh Lad Gayee (Jodi No 1) in 2001
- Saiyaan (Saiyaan) in 2001
- Watanparaston Ki (Shaheed 23rd March 1931) in 2002
- Punjabiyan Di Shaan (Bend It Like Beckham) in 2002
- Haq Allah (Black & White) in 2008
- Tumba Tumba (Patiala House) in 2011
- Ik Tu Hi Tu Hi (Ik Tu Hi Tu Hi) in 2011
- Dupatta Tera Sat Rang Daa